Sunday, June 27, 2010

moving out!

I just wanted to give you another small update to keep you informed on what's been happening.

The moving process has been coming along smoothly. On Friday, we moved my roommate to his new apartment. It was a lot of work, but there was a bunch of us, so it wasn't as bad as it looked. On Saturday, I finished clearing out my apartment - I threw away a lot of things that I don't need (and that doesn't make sense to keep), donated various items to the Salvation Army, and boxed up some things that I -am- keeping (most at the request of my mom). It was a very busy day, but very rewarding. Here are some pictures of the aftermath:




My room and my closet. No computer, no bookcase, and minimal amount of clothes!



Living room and dining room. The boxes I'm shipping to Puerto Rico.



The things I'm keeping in Texas. A friend kindly offered to store them for me. :)



Today (Sunday), I went to teach English at the Vietnamese community center, as I always do on Sundays. Only two students came, and they decided that it wasn't worth it to take class with only two people. They decided that today was going to be the last day of class until I come back from Vietnam, and took me out for bubble tea. They expressed their gratitude for the class, and gave me contact information for me to get together with their family and friends in Vietnam. I had a good time, and look forward to seeing them again, whenever that may be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!