Friday, July 23, 2010

first week in Pasadena

I apologize for the lack of updates. It has been a few busy weeks!

I had a great time during my last few days in Texas. I was able to spend quality time with my chrch family (more specifically the Brotherhood) for which I am very grateful for. It got busy at work with wrapping things up, but it was great to be able to share with my coworkers and friends before leaving. I feel very blessed with the people I've been surrounded with.

The night before leaving Dallas, me and my friends went out to a Puerto Rican restaurant for some good food and good times. It was great being able to spend some time with so many friends. We followed dinner with a bit of salsa dancing, karaoke and IHOP before we decided it was time for some sleep.

****

I'm now in Pasadena, California for training. It's been a very busy time ever since we got here. The schedule starts with breakfast at 7am and doesn't stop after practicum and debriefing at 9:30pm. It's been great, though. Everyone here is very devoted to what they believe, and I feel like I've grown just by hanging out and with the conversations I've had with people. We have been taking classes on how to teach, and have been given "hands-on" teaching experience at the end of each day, when we go out to local community centers and chrches to teach English. We have also had a lot of team building activities and discussions. I really like (love) the team that's going to Vietnam, and I look forward to serving with them overseas.

Sorry for such a short update! Free time is scarce here - I just thought I'd post before I went to bed. I will post again during the weekend with some pictures! =)

Until next time,
Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!