Saturday, November 27, 2010

thanksgiving in vietnam

Something that I had kinda been concerned about after moving to Vietnam were holidays. How would I spend them? Who would I spend them with? Well, our Father was quick to remind me that He is a G*d of details, and that He'd take care of everything during my stay here.


And so He did. Thanksgiving Day was great. One of the best days of my life, no doubt.


In the morning, we woke up early to go play American football on the beach. We played for about 2.5 hours. There were twelve of us playing, and two more people watching. It was my first time playing, and somehow I managed to score two touchdowns. I didn't know what I was doing when it happened, but after the plays they would tell me that I had in fact scored. Still, it counts.

After football, we went to the Brewer's house for the Thanksgiving meal. It was awesome. The ladies worked real hard at preparing the food. They had everything: turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, and all sorts of different pies. You may be saying: "Pedro, but that is exactly what I ate too! There's nothing special about that!" - please keep in mind that this is Vietnam, and many things are very difficult to find here. It was a real blessing to be able to eat Thanksgiving food.






Before the meal, we had a moment of pr*yer, we said thanks, and we sang a song to our Father. Then, we ate!




Getting the food


Digging in!


The girls enjoying their apple cider


The guys!


(Some of) the girls



Afterwards, we simply hung out for a bit, drank apple cider (so good!) and then went home. Some of us taught that night, but after teaching, some of us went back to the Brewer's to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.


All in all, it was an awesome day, and I'm definitely very thankful for the Family that our Father has given me here in Da Nang. Right now we're in the process of planning what we're going to do for Christmas. I'm sure it will be just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!