Monday, February 28, 2011

I chipped a tooth

Yep. Last Friday I went out for lunch, as I usually do. I went to a rice place (very common in Vietnam) where you just choose what kind of meat/vegetables you want to eat, and they give them to you on a plate with rice. I usually eat fish, and this time was no different.

I don't know exactly how it happened. I guess I must have bitten down on a hard piece of bone, or something. Next thing I know, one of my front teeth felt weird. I looked in a mirror (my cell phone), and sure enough, part of my tooth was gone. I guess I ate it.

It didn't look too bad. I just refrained from smiling a lot until the next day, which fortunately I had the morning off. My friend Duy went with me to help me with translating to Vietnamese what I wanted the dentist to do.

It was an experience. Service wise, it was great. I walked right in, and they sat me down immediately. After about five minutes of Duy translating back and forth, the dentist got to work. I got really wet - I don't know what the difference is in terms of the tools they used with the ones back home, but for whatever reason water was everywhere. Almost two hours later, the dentist was finished. I wasn't 100% satisfied with the result (although everyone seems to think it looks fine), but it'll do until I can go again, or until I can go to the dentist back in Dallas to get it the way it used to be. At 300,000 VND (about $15) I can't complain. Now I'm looking forward to going again to get my teeth cleaned. I hear that costs about $5 to do.

1 comment:

  1. Suckea que se te partio el diente, pero hey no te puedes quejar por $15

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!