Wednesday, however, was a great day. I woke up to an early breakfast with my girlfriend Audrey at Bread of Life, followed by a long nap. In the evening, my class was really fun. We played "Survivor", a fun speaking activity. Before class was over, my students sang "Happy Birthday" to me. I was curious as to how they knew it was my birthday, and they said they'd remembered it after seeing my driver's license a couple of classes ago. Clever.
I went home after class, to find that Audrey had set everything up for my birthday party. Slowly, friends started coming. Some brought food, others brought entertainment, others brought cards or presents, but they all brought happiness with them. It was a fun night, and an excellent birthday party. We ate pizza, pita bread with hummus (made by Lance and Kristen), and brownie cake (made by Audrey and Dawn). There was also sinh to, ice cream, and an cheesecake made by Dawn. There was a lot of chatting, dancing, and even wrestling! I had a great time, and I'm thankful that our Father has been faithful in that no matter where I am, He's provided me with awesome friends and family, letting me know that He cares for me and provides for me. To Him be all the praise.
Here are some pictures of the party:
With Duy and Owen
Cutting my birthday cake :)
It was quite the party!
Birthday cards :)
Yeah! Looks like a great party. I am glad that you had a good day and felt appreciated. You are amazing so you should. :)
ReplyDeleteFelicidades tipo =)
ReplyDelete