Wednesday, August 24, 2011

back in Da Nang!

After a very eventful summer, I am now back in Vietnam!

Here's a summary of my summer:

- Spent two weeks in Puerto Rico. I was able to meet up with friends and spend a lot of time with my mom. An unfortunate event was that my uncle passed away while I was there. On the positive side, I was able to spend time with family members that came for the funeral from the US. I was also able to share the Word with him before he passed, and for that I am grateful to the Lrd.

- After my stay in Puerto Rico, I spent five days in Texas. My good friend Jeff let me stay in his house during my stay, which was great because I was able to spend some time with him just chatting over meals or tea/coffee. I was also able to meet up with lots of other friends, and even some of my old co-workers. I had a great time in Texas. It was good to be back, even if only for a little bit.

- Finally, my trip to the US led me to Seattle, where I stayed with Audrey's parents. Even though Audrey and I were busy with wedding stuff and getting ready for our trip back to Vietnam, we were able to spend time with friends and family (I married Audrey, so they're my family now, too!). I was also able to spend a lot of time with Audrey, which was great. We did some touristy things, went to the movies, went salsa dancing, etc. It was a lot of fun.

On July 30th, Audrey and I got married. It was a very special and blessed day. The Lrd was there. We had friends that traveled from all sorts of different places, including Vietnam and Australia. Our families were there. The weather was great. It was just perfect.

Three days after that, we departed for Vietnam. We spent a week in Da Lat for our honeymoon, and then stayed a night in Nha Trang on our way back to Da Nang. It's good to be back! We've been working on organizing, cleaning, and just making our house livable. We start working next week, and we're looking forward to what the Lrd will do in and through our lives this year!

Here are some pictures:


Playing Tekken with friends in Puerto Rico


With Tanya and Marvin in Texas


With Audrey and her parents in Washington :)


Doing touristy things with Audrey


Cutting the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!