Friday, June 24, 2011

so, what's next?

As I said in my previous post, I'm in Puerto Rico now. My year-long commitment with ESI is now finished. So, what's next?

Well, let me tell you.

This summer, I will spend two weeks in Puerto Rico, mainly spending time with my mom and friends before going to the States. On July 7th, I will fly to Texas for five days, to meet up with friends and visit my chrch. After that, I will fly to Washington to meet Audrey's family, and to marry her.

How about after I'm married? Well, the current plan is to return to Vietnam for another year. Audrey will continue working at Orphan Voice, and I will work at UCSI, a new school in Da Nang. I will be working as a full-time teacher earning an actual salary. After that, the plan is to return to Texas in May of 2012.

I guess it's more simple than what it sounds like in my head. I just ask that you join me in pr.yer for the Father to continue to give me guidance for the future. It's a big decision to make to return to Vietnam, but I believe it's what I have to do, for a number of reasons. We've already booked tickets and have arranged things for our return to Vietnam. We've also started making arrangements for our return to Texas, which is what I really need to seek direction for. Going back to Texas sounds great! However, I don't know if that's really what's next for me. I've thought and pr.yed about it, and it seems like a wise decision. I just don't know if it's the BEST decision.

Finally, the last thing that's on my mind is the support that I still need to raise to pay off my ESI account. I still have $1,318.66 to pay as of today. I am incredibly thankful and appreciative of all who have contributed. My request and pr.yer is that this amount will be paid off soon. That said, if you feel led to contribute, simply click here, enter the donation amount, choose "Teacher or staff member" and type in my name "Pedro Borges". I thank you in advance for your generosity.


May G.d bless you and keep you.
Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!