Tuesday, May 11, 2010

it never fails

It almost always happens to me that I am proven wrong whenever I make a big statement. In this case, I'm glad I was wrong.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I thought that my mom didn't support me in my decision, but that turned around during the weekend. As I mentioned, I went home to Puerto Rico to spend some time with her during Mother's Day, and during her birthday, which was the day after Mother's Day. I don't know when it happened - meaning, I don't know if there was a reason for my mom to "suddenly" start supporting me with the mission trip, but she did. She even helped me with the support letters, and gave me ideas on how to go about doing some things for/during my trip. It was a real blessing, and it definitely made me feel more confident and encouraged to keep going.

During my stay in Puerto Rico, I started giving support letters to family and to different chrchs. I lifted this effort up to our Father, and I know that He will make a way for all the support money to come together. I know that I started working for the trip weeks ago, but it feels as if this trip really started when I went to the first chrch to ask for support.

I will be away during the weekend serving at a prison, but the plan is to hit the ground running once I come back. I still have to post up my car for sale, and also my furniture. I still need to send out a lot of support letters, and take care of some paperwork. I'm looking forward to every bit of it.

For every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. (Ps. 50:10)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!