Monday, May 31, 2010

proven wrong, again

Yesterday at the end of the 10:30am Sunday Service, our spiritual leader made the announcement for my trip to Vietnam, and asked the people to contribute/support with what they could. He also said that the chrch itself would support my trip. What a humbling experience. And here I was thinking that he didn't really support my decision. After the service, people would approach me and ask me about the trip, and some even signed up to receive the monthly newsletter! It was a real blessing.

**

This weekend was a good one. I went to the prison on Saturday morning for the prison service I'm involved in, then met up with a good friend for dinner during the evening. I was able to sell three things that I had posted up on Craigslist, which was awesome. Today, I went and sold my car! It was weird/sad to see it go, but it had to be done. I am now driving my friend's "old" car, which I'll be using until I leave for the trip.

That's it for now. I have to translate some letters/articles for another prison service I'm involved in. I was tasked with it over a month ago, but I've been so busy lately that I haven't had the time to do it. Also, this week I'll be going to doctor's appointments for immunizations and other things. Busy, busy, busy!

Until next time,
Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!