Sunday, May 23, 2010

May update

Between yesterday and today, I sent out a pretty big batch of support letters. It's a lot harder and more time consuming than I expected, but it really is a blessing to seal each one. I lifted up the letters and the people they were addressed to before I started working on them and after I sent them. Now I just have to wait for our Father to move and provide. It's exciting. :)

This week (probably Monday) I will sit down and work on another set of letters, and hopefully finish going through (most of) my list.

Also, this week I will be going to CarMax to try and sell my car. I still owe some money on the lease, but it would be great if they buy it for a good enough price so that I receive some money. Otherwise, I'll try to sell it at the company I work for, and maybe post it up on Craigslist. Please ask our Father to take care of this situation - next to support raising, it's my biggest concern at the moment.

"Major" tasks that are still pending:
- sell my furniture
- (somehow) terminate my cell phone contract, and sell my cell phone
- buy plane ticket to California (for training)
- gather email addresses for newsletter (email me at ob.pedro [at] gmail.com if you're interested in receiving it!)
- make appointment for vaccinations

I'll be keeping busy. It's exciting.

One thing that's been in my heart is the fact that I'll be leaving my family and friends behind. I have made a great number of good friends here in Texas, and it hurts when I think about leaving. It's exciting to think about the people in Vietnam, but at the same time I can't help but think about the people here. I have to constantly remind myself to be obedient. I also have to remind myself of, and receive encouragement from the Word: "I tell you the truth," The Son said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of the Father will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life." -Luke 18:29-30


Until next time. I'll keep you posted on the events of this week.
Pedro

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!