Tuesday, May 17, 2011

His Providence

What a year this has been!

It was over a year ago that I agreed to serve as a teacher in Vietnam. It's kinda weird to look back at my first post on this blog, and think that some things were so uncertain back then: is serving in Vietnam really what G.d wants me to do? What if I'm wrong? What if nothing good comes out of it and I have to return "empty handed"?

Well, things are not THAT much different as I type this. I am still uncertain about the future. However, any doubt that I had about my calling here is now gone.

There are many things that I believe confirmed my calling, but some of the big ones are:

- Friends! I've made some good friends here. The most notable of which is a friend who I've been able to "share" with. This friend is one of the two main reasons I know He called me here.

- Financial support! While I still have a ways to go (roughly $1,400 to close my ESI account), it's amazing to see how G.d moves people to give, and to see how people respond in generosity! I thank you for supporting this service, and for being faithful to Him in giving.

- I'm now engaged! I met my beautiful fiancée Audrey at the Da Nang International Fellowship last year. She's the girl I want to marry, and I proposed last week. Here's a picture taken shortly after the proposal on the Thuan Phuoc bridge:





To close this post, I just want to encourage you to take the step of faith when you believe the Lrd is leading you in a certain direction. He will be glorified when you share your story of how good and faithful He's been. And, as I learned in my home chrch in Texas: "when G.d gets the glory, we get the blessings". To be sure, I would advise you to seek His will by reading your B.ble, pr.ying and seeking g.dly counsel from mature believers.

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of G.d, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to G.d, which is your spiritual w.rship. -Romans 12:1 (ESV)

Commit to the Lrd whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. -Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Pedro! So good to hear about some of the ways God worked in and through you this year.

    ReplyDelete

If you are reading this blog, please feel free to comment on my posts, pictures, etc. If anything, just say hi! I'd love to hear from my readers!